Thursday, July 21, 2011

MY ROOM

my room.
it is still the nest i sleep in, still the same one she flew out of.
her broken wings were confused feelings, nd i cant even count of.
cant even count the times i tried to jump out and save her
shouldn't of done it. she wanted freedom, why try and slave her?
see she was going to have to adjust for it; the wind.
she felt like she was ready but i hated it; just come back in.
the wind's of other's turbulence guided her flight elsewhere as their hands were placed on her
I didn't see that, I saw her flying in the cold without a place to go. turned my cold shoulder into a pillow. just in case. for her.
i fell asleep, woke up to the sun. sky now a lot clearer
everything changed. try and look out to the world, but all i see is this mirror
the reflection of me hasn't been in her presence,but i could still see her
the reflection hasn't heard her voice, but i could still hear her
the reflection hasn't felt her touch. and even still... i could still feel her.
but see this mirror isn't a mirror. it's my window.
its the same window we together looked out at the world through
but after all that we have been through
its just a reflection of what we had and threw
or should i say what we were thrown through
because. see i lost my wings when thrown and now i'm stuck. she flew.
and I never learned to fly, I thought shed be the one to teach me.
thought what we had was flight and destruction would never reach me.
over time we have lost all the things we shared, all except for one.
all except for my nightlight; the moon. she still sleeps under the same one.
so i send messages. some whispered, some spoken and some ALOUD TO
I say goodnight every night but i know she doesn't hear it. reality decides that she's not ALLOWED TO
These messages couldn't go to waste. had to find a way to give em value and finally.. finally, i found how to.
i eventually started writing these things down. they form the poem expressing how i feel about her being read here. here ALOUD to you.
thank you.


No comments: